PART 135 LEARJET & FALCON 20 FIRST OFFICER
This program consists of approximately 8 weeks of ground, simulator and flight training followed by 500 block hours as a Learjet / Falcon 20 first officer during passenger and cargo operations. Pilots will be checked out in both the Learjet and Falcon 20 aircraft. Pilots will initially start flying the Learjet and at airline’s discretion and needs will then transition over to the Falcon 20.
Pilots will receive a $250 per week training pay from day one of training through the duration of the 500 hour program. Housing will be paid for the first six weeks of ground school. Uniforms will be paid for by the airline. After the 500 hour program has been completed, airline has the option and in fact has requested that the pilots in this program stay on as a first officer receiving approximately $30,000 per year including all benefits. The pilot will fly approximately 40 to 60 hours per month.
- First 10 days - 20 hours simulator at SimCom
- Approximately 10 hours as a flying pilot in a full motion Learjet simulator
- Approximately 10 hours as a non flying pilot in a full motion Learjet simulator
- 6 to 7 weeks ground school at airline consisting of:
- Basic indoctrination to FAA Air Carrier Part 135 Rules and Regulations
- Company Operations Manual
- Lear and Falcon 20 Aircraft Systems and Turbojet Theory
- Crew Resource Management
- Emergency Procedures
- Hazardous Material Handling
- 1 week simulator at Flight Safety
- When this has been completed, return to airline for flight training, check ride and 500 hours on line as a first officer.
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THIS COURSE ARE:
- US citizenship
- FAA commercial pilot license with instrument and multiengine ratings
- Current Second Class Medical
- Must be instrument proficient and current.
- It is mandatory that all pilots must be able to fly at or above FAA Commercial Instrument & Multiengine practical flight test standards and will be required to demonstrate these proficiency levels prior to the first day of training.
- Part 135 Airline Training, Check Ride in Learjet and Falcon 20 + 500 hours of Flight Time: $ 33,500 US
Example: Pilot pays $33,500 for the program minus approximately $12,000 in wages which then gives a net program price to the pilot of $21,500!!
SPECIFICATIONS: LEARJET 25
Type: eight-seat executive twin turbojet transport.
Powerplant: two 1338-kg (2,950-lb) thrust each General Electric CJ610-8A turbojets.
Performance: maximum speed 880 km/h (547 mph) at 7620m (25,000 ft); economic cruising speed 793 km/h (439 mph) at 14235 m (47,000 ft); service ceiling 15545m (51,000 ft); range with 4 passengers and fuel reserves 2731 km (1,697 miles).
Weight: empty 3204 kg (7,064 lb); maximum take-off 6123 kg (13,500 lb). Dimensions: span 10.85 m (35 ft 7 in.); length 13.18 m (43 ft 3 in.); height 3.73 m (12 ft 3 in); wing area 21.53 m² (231.77 sq ft).
SPECIFICATIONS: DASSAULT FALCON 20
Type: 8-12 passenger executive transport used during cargo operations.Powerplant: two 2041kg (4,500 lb) thrust each General Electric CF700-2D-2 turbofans
Performance: maximum cruising speed 863 km/h (563 mph) at 7620 m (25,000 ft); economic cruising speed 750 km/h (466 mph) at 12,190 m (40,000 ft); absolute ceiling 12,800 m (42,000 ft) range with eight passengers and maximum fuel 3,300 km (2,050 miles.
Weight: empty operating 7530 kg (16,601 lb); maximum take-off 13,000kg (28,660 lb).
Dimensions: span 16.3 m (53 ft 6 in.); length 17.15m (56 ft 3 in.); height 5.32m (17 ft 5 in); wing area 41 m² (441.33 sq ft).